Photo: Sir George Grey Special Collection
RSA War Memorial Hall. Erected by the Tamaki Returned Servicemen’s Association built on council land. The Foundation Stone was laid 4th August 1954 by J.H. Luxford, Mayor of Auckland, and the building was opened on 5 March 1955 by Sir Willoughby Norrie, Governor-General. Designed by architect C. Irwin Crooks, it is representative of 1950s community buildings.