Photo: Sir George Grey Special Collection
St Heliers Community Library. The original brick building was opened in June 1925 as combined Tamaki West Road Board Offices and Fire Station for the Volunteer Fire Brigade. Following the Road Board’s amalgamation with Auckland City in 1928, the building was converted to a Public Library which opened in June 1931. The building was enlarged and modified in 1938 and more recent improvements were made in 2001.